In an effort to help out independent craft stores and also continue to provide access to social distancing-friendly live mixed media classes, I've partnered with Papercraft Clubhouse in Westbrook, CT to bring you a live online workshop offered via private Facebook group.
Class was held April 10, 2021
Registration is now closed.
Registration is now closed.
Prayer Flags are a Tibetan tradition where prayers and mantras are printed on fabric flags and hung outside where the wind can spread good will and compassion to all. In this class, we'll take inspiration from traditional prayer flags to create our own personalized mixed media versions (which can also be intention flags or banners without words) using paper and mainly paper elements to put our own hopes and intentions for the coming year into the world.
In the pre-workshop video we'll create three backgrounds and discuss choosing and preparing supplies for words or intentions (optional) as well as your focal points. In the live workshop we'll use a variety of media to create layered focal embellishments and pull our flags together. I'll share the process for a whimsical paper mandala plus the other collages created in my sample. You'll finish with three flags of your own to display wherever they'll most inspire you.
- Upon registration and payment (handled by Papercraft Clubhouse,) you will receive a link to join our private Facebook group.
- Join in, meet, and interact with other students.
- A preliminary demo video to create the backgrounds and start / discuss parts and pieces for your focal images and words.
- The live, 2-1/2 hour class will be taught through a Facebook Live video in our private classroom.
- Work along with me and ask questions via posts and comments or work later at your own pace.
- More than 3-1/2 hours of demos and live video - that's the equivalent of a full day in-person workshop, plus the added feedback and community interaction.
- Learn fun and easy background techniques and explore different ways to mix and layer a variety of elements and mediums.
- A 10% off coupon for the Papercraft Clubhouse online shop (See FAQ for details)
- Videos, questions, comments, and projects are available indefinitely. You can re-watch later - as often as you'd like!
- Share photos of your in-progress and finished projects for feedback from me and other class members.
Paper & Substrates:
Inks, Paints, Pens, etc...:
Papercraft Clubhouse carries many class supplies that are not listed in their online store and they have a whole section for my products. If you're local, their shop is open! (Check first for modified store hours.) You can also call them to see if they have what you need and can arrange shipment.
Administrative Details & Class Policies:
Q: How long will the Facebook group be available after the Live video is over?
A: The group will remain open for you to re-watch the videos and ask questions indefinitely. All videos and posts will be archived and the group will not close.
Q: When will I get the coupon and how many times can I use it?
A: The coupon will be shared in the Facebook group after registration and the group have both been opened. The coupon can be used only by class members and only once per person. It's good through May 7, 2021.
Q: Can I register after the live class is over?
A: As of right now, we plan to close registration shortly before the official class and you must be registered to access the group, so if you're interested, make sure to sign up before it starts. You can always watch later if you can't join live.
Q: I'm trying to register from outside of the United States and it's asking me to choose a state in order to check out. How do I make it so I can process an international order?
A: We've had students sign up from all over the world - they just picked a random state from the list and put in the rest of their address correctly and the order went through with no problems. If that doesn't work, please contact the shop.
Q: When will I get access to the Facebook group?
A: Please allow 24-48 hours for Papercraft Clubhouse to process your registration and send you a group invitation. (Please contact the Clubhouse directly with any questions or difficulties in accessing the group.)