In an effort to help out independent craft stores and to provide access to mixed media classes with no travel required, I've partnered with Papercraft Clubhouse in Westbrook, CT to bring you an online workshop offered via private Facebook group.
Class was held live on June 13, 2020 and the archived class is now available on demand!
- Our private Facebook group is our classroom and all videos, recorded live in June 2020, are now archived and available to watch and re-watch at any time.
- Community - meet and interact with other students
- Exclusive downloads just for this class (available as files in the group.)
- A bonus video available & archived in the group
- Review supplies and discuss shape and form in choosing your images
- A demo with several ideas for coloring and preparing your faces
- A printable companion handout to help you choose and assemble your "People Parts."
- Work along with the videos and interact with me and other students in our class community.
- More than 3-1/2 hours of live demos - that's the equivalent of a full day in-person workshop, plus the added feedback and community interaction.
- Tips and discussion around preparing for and creating your projects.
- An exclusive coupon for the Papercraft Clubhouse online shop (See FAQ for details - the coupon will be in the group.)
- Videos, questions, comments, and projects are available indefinitely. You can re-watch later - as often as you'd like!
- Share photos of your in-progress and finished projects for feedback from me and other class members.
Pocketful of People is an on-demand online class where we explore combining face stamps or images with other stamps, stencils, and cut-out shapes to create fantastically whimsical art dolls. These quirky paper people can then live in a pocket in your art journal, on a canvas or on another substrate. (Or you can skip the pocket and just make art dolls, or even totems or a Pocketful of Posies!)
Through the course of the bonus video demo (previously recorded in a Facebook Live) you'll learn about shape and form and how to select and create images for your projects. You'll also get lots of ideas and alternatives for other faces or motifs. At the end of both videos, you'll have a fun and whimsical art doll and all of the tools and techniques to create a whole tribe of them.
Paper & Substrates:
Inks, Paints, Pens, etc...:
Administrative Details & Class Policies:
Q: How long will the Facebook group be available after the Live video is over?
A: The group will remain open indefinitely so you can re-watch the videos, ask questions, and share.
Q: When will I get access to the Facebook group?
A: Please allow 24-48 hours for Papercraft Clubhouse to process your registration and send you a group invitation. Please contact the shop if you have any questions about class access.
Q: Where do we find the coupon code?
A: The coupon code is in the Facebook group - look under the admin posts. It also will be pinned as an announcement at the top of the page.
Q: Can I use the coupon more than once?
A: This is a one-time use code, but note that the shop also offers free shipping for orders over $75 and you get that without a coupon.
Please do not share - these coupons are exclusive to class members and can only be used once per person. The offer is good through December 31, 2021.
Q: Can I place a shop order from Papercraft Clubhouse if I live outside of the US?
A: The shop will ship internationally (contact them first,) but it's expensive and shipping times can't be guaranteed. If needed, we can help point you to other stockists closer to you to help you find supplies.