Bazaar Finds - Deluxe Slow Stitching Textile Samplers
The Boho Essentials Deluxe Slow Stitching Textile Samplers come in five colorways with a variety of beautiful curated textiles collected from around the world. The pieces are the perfect size for slow stitching and smaller hand-work projects and feature fabrics and a few trims from India, Guatemala, Thailand, and more.
These packs are full of curated selections mainly pulled from my overflowing stash of amazing textiles; I finally convinced myself that I can spread the wealth and still have plenty left over for myself!
Every single pack is different. I've sorted them by primary color palette and each package has the same number and type of fabrics and trims included, but there will be variations in the colors and patterns and for some, the size will also vary slightly. Each pack comes wrapped with a piece of Indian silk and a tie closure that counts as one of the pieces in your pack. The cost of the packs is determined by the number of pieces included (anywhere from 22-28) as well as the type and value of the fabrics or trims.
Most pieces are at least 6" x 6," but some of the more expensive (or that I just had less of) may be smaller. There are also some embellished patches cut from saris that are varying sizes. See the photos for an idea of what you may receive (I wanted to keep a bit of mystery since they will change if I make more and also to have a fun surprise to explore when you get yours!)
The fabrics in the packs could include:
- Silks (plain and / or patterned) from India
- Embellished Sari pieces
- Embroidered and embellished trims and / or organza or chiffon from India
- Hand-woven pieces from Thailand or Guatemala
- Authentic mudcloth from Africa
- Batiks and /or block printed fabrics from Indonesia, Thailand, and / or India (you may even get a piece of my treasured Ajrakh fabrics!)
- Jacquard and / or brocades from India
- Woven fabrics from Pakistan / Afghanistan
- Hmong cross-stitched, embroidered, or Lissu applique pieces from Thailand
- Vintage woven fabrics from North America
- A variety of woven Ikats from throughout Asia
- Bright wax print cottons from Africa
- Lots more!